Sunday, November 22, 2009

Soundtrack

-Not sure what our official assignment is for this week. There might have been one, but I can't remember. Well, I'm behind one so I thought I'd steal another group's blog idea for last week.

Now, I don't really listen to music while I work. I can't usually listen to music without dancing. I also am spacey enough without distraction. However, I am a huge music fan and it inspires me a lot. So here are some song that inspire me with ideas. At least for now.

"Green Onions" by Booker T. and the M.G.'s (This song inspired an entire story!)

"Reverie" and "Pagodes" by Claude Debussy

"Gnossienne No. 5" by Erik Satie

Talking Heads' album "Remain in Light" and also their album "True Stories"

R.E.M.'s album "Automatic for the People"

"Get up offa that thing" by James Brown

"Respect" by Otis Redding

"Jump in the Line" by Harry Belafonte

Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker

"Crying" Roy Orbidson

"Wouldn't it be nice" by The Beach Boys

"Everyday" by Buddy Holly

I've recently been obsessing over musicals like Oklahoma!, Top Hat, Singing in the Rain, and Wizard of Oz. Also over Bollywood musicals like Pakeezah, Om Shanti Om, Dilwale Duljania Le Jayenge, etc. I like songs that come with dances.

Everything by The Beatles

Pretty much everything composed by Arvo Pärt and everything by Radiohead

and Björk who was my first love!

Here's something else that inspires me:



1 comment:

  1. What an interesting collection! I know...maybe...4 artists here. CRAZY video by the way.

    ReplyDelete